Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I learnt from the Next Food Network Star?


Have I ever told you...that in my frequent flights of fantasies...I don a crisp white apron and looking like a stunning domestic godess I deliver fluffy pancakes, crisp dosas, delicious pastas...and divine curries...all without breaking a sweat...and of course looking the part of a "stunning domestic godess...fast forward to ground breaking reality...we manage one-pot meals, sometimes the soups are inedible...as are some of the adventerous concoctions...and I still adore my day job...ok I am digressing...

For the past 10 weeks I have religiously been following "The Next Food Network Star" vocally rooting for Melissa...the mother of 4 with her transparent style, her frazzled persona which slowly developed into a confident insightful person who definitely appealed to me...with her ready tips, practicality and above all humanity...she showed that a confidence in yourself and your abilities and sheer hardwork can really make you stand out in a crowd and shine...YAY ! Melissa I did do a little victory dance when you won...

This week has been busy on the home front, a sick child...finding the right pre-school for my ray of sunshine, while getting ready to say Bye to the in-laws who are leaving next weekend...K1 and I did take a mini break and go out for dessert to "The Melting Pot"...it was an interesting experience...I am watching a movie called "Videsh" by Deepa Mehta right now...


How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment