Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tentative Parenting : Sometimes Prioritization is a 4-lettered cuss word!

 pri·or·i·tize - To arrange or deal with in order of importance
Dealing with Engineers and Sales  it had been pretty uncomplicated to negotiate product priorities with the teams. We agreed on some basic tenets (revenue/customer requests, competitive differentiation, architectural improvements etc.)  and the team allowed one person (the product manager) to set those priorities based on those tenets and trusted them to do it right. I tried to apply those same rules to my parenting and it usually works when I am dealing with K2 (alone) and I give him options to pick from -- initially he rebelled and as time passed he understood the importance of options and priorities. Tried to apply the same principle today in the afternoon when I tried to get K1 and K2 to decide on the flavor of cake they wanted baked : K2 loves Vanilla and K1 loves Chocolate...after 1/2 hr of negotiation and them still being at an impasse  - Epic Failure !!!

I gave up and took out my baking mitts and ended up baking both a Vanilla and  Chocolate Cake...with help from the 2 K's - K1 got to the Chocolate Cake before I took my pictures :-(


Serves: 16
ACTIVE TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
  • Handful of chopped nuts & dried fruits (raisins, hazelnuts, almonds)
  • 1 Cup Mango/Pineapple Puree (or any fruit you wish to add)
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1/2 Cup of Fat free Milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 Cup of Sugar (I used Stevia)
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)  -- for the Chocolate Cake
  • Pinch of Salt to Taste
PREPARATION
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  I stick all the ingredients in my Food Processor and blend to cake consistency. Pour into a round well greased cake pan. Bake 30-35 minutes till  toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Nutritional Insights : Calories per Serving - 120, Carbs - 10 g, Fat - 5 g, Protein - 8 g, Fiber - 3 g 

No comments:

Post a Comment