Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Hot Cuppa Tea & Self Actualization


I love the saying from Forrest Gump - "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Life has thrown me a fair share of easy balls and curve balls and I have usually done well whether I caught the ball or waited for my turn the next time around after I missed one...albeit impatiently. Self Actualized I admit to not being - There are some traits I haven't yet mastered -

(a) I still look for recognition/respect and a need to belong.
(b) I still do not accept without prejudices
(c) And sometimes I do tweak reality to fit the constraints I want it to fit into vs. accepting it as is..

Life is a balancing act and I have to accept that for me to get to the next level will be a learning process that is gradual...

In the meantime this week was filled with germs and a flu that hit both my baby (K2) and me. I have been trying to keep K2 warm and have been rubbing him down with vaporub and diffusing Eucalyptus Mist in the bedroom...yet there is this gnawing doubt that I am not doing enough...

To bolster my flagging spirits, I indulged in my favorite drink -- a warm cup of African Nectar tea with a dash of wild honey. K2 and I are watching Madagascar 2 (Escape to Africa) after which we are going to call it a night...how was your evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment