Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The importance of a morning routine

Following a system first thing in the morning, means you’ll have more time to reflect in a quiet atmosphere (less hustle and bustle) and it gives you the opportunity to be organized for the rest of the day. More importantly, this daily habit helps you create energy and the right “mindset” to tackle the challenges of a busy day.
My morning routine is still work in progress but here's the rough sketch -
6. 45 AM - Get up + Warm Water + Miracle Cleanse + 15 minutes of breathing (Anulom Vilom, Kapal Bhatti, Bhramari)
7.15 AM - Make Ginger Tea + Dry Roast Peanuts in the microwave (Summer)
                 Start Lunch prep for son's lunchbox (if school year)
7.30 AM - Feed Dog
8.00 AM - Walk Dog ( this 15 mins gives me time to think about my To-Do list and intent for the day)
8.15 AM - Start working (unless there are 8.00 AM calls, then I move up my schedule 15 mins)
I didn't eat much peanuts before about 5 years back.  Then I attended a Sadhguru Seminar where Peanut was about 80% of the breakfast and  he said yogis could go on a 100% peanut diet because it is a complete food.
Today I adopted an evening snack that really made me feel good about my eating. I made myself a snack of a "Chatpata Peanut Chaat"

What you need
  1. 1 cup  raw shelled peanut (or kadlekai or shenga)
  2. 1  small finely chopped red onion
  3. 3  tbsp finely chopped coriander Leaves
  4. 1 small green chili finely chopped (optional - for extra spiciness)
  5. 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  6. 1/4 tsp chat masala (optional)
  7. Salt to taste, Lemon Juice
To Cook 
  1. In your Instant Pot - add the raw peanuts with 1 cup of water and the salt
  2. Now turn the IP to Manual, High Pressure for 4 minutes NR (no release)
  3. While the peanuts are cooking - chop the veggies - small red onion, chillies, coriander leaves
  4. Open the IP and take the peanuts in a bowl, mix everything, taste and season some more as needed.
  5. Enjoy with a cup of adrak (ginger chai)
I want to leave you with the thought : My morning routine definitely sets the tone for the rest of the day for me. If I am rushed or stressed in the morning, it tends to carry into my entire day. So I take the time to take some quiet time to myself before getting caught up in the whirlwind of activities. What's your morning routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment