Friday, June 1, 2012

Relationships etc. and Thinking in the Box


I was not exactly thrilled when I went to drop K2 in his KG class today and I felt a tug on my tee...it was his worldly classmate L (who almost feels like a mini adult)...she said um...k2's mom did you know A is K2's girlfriend, I didn't know how to react to that statement and yet again did something atypical of a mom (or typical, you tell me)...like an ostrich I stuck my head in the sand. K2 looked embarrassed and looked everywhere but at me...and quickly ran into his class his ears red. Have I grown so old, that I can't relate to the affections and affectations  of our young ones...when we were that young, we were not so worldly wise...I pray for a few more innocent years, spent laughing and playing with friends, watching birds and loving toys, chasing after bunny rabbits and negotiating for fossils from amazon.com... 
K2 has been bugging me for cupcakes the entire month of may...and most days I have been so tired that I have pretty much lay on the sofa like a log watching mindless TV ...with an extra appendage my laptop...dinners cooked few and far between, treats - none...so this long weekend, I took the box of pancake mix that was staring accusingly at me and threw together a spectacular muffin -- want to have it for breakfast...be my guest, dessert...but of course!

You Need for "Think in the Box" Muffins
  • 3 Cups of Fiber One Complete Pancake Mix
  • 2 cups of Apple Sauce (Santa Cruz Organic)
  • Handful of Chopped Almonds (as much or as little as you can take)
  • Handful of Blueberries /Cranberries  (as much or as little as you can take)
  • 2-3 Tablespoon Honey
  • 8 oz Silk Almond Milk
Preheat the oven to 400 F Mix in a big bowl till all ingredients become one ...add to a greased muffin pan. Bake till done...about 25-30 minutes. K2 had 3 on the first day...Sometimes thinking within the box  is as creative and fulfilling as thinking outside the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment