Tuesday, August 21, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things (Part 2)

As I was peering into the fridge...I realized that there were a few things that were an integral part of my pantry for summer...so I figured I will give you a peek into a few of my summer time favorites...

(A) A lunch box favorite is the grapes from the Farmer's Market...I give K2 a bag of grapes in his lunchbox and this is one thing that always comes back empty, along with the snack bag of cherry tomatoes.


(B) This wonderful wonderful drink that I discovered quite by accident - Sambazon...it is tart and yet sweet and the version I drink has Yerba Mate which has a caffeine boost for those days when all you want to do is stay in bed.

(C) Cabot Spreadable Cheddar ( Habanero)...it really adds a va-va-voom to our lunch box Sandwich's. If you don't like spicy stay away from this one...


(D) Oikos - Organic Fat Free Yogurt (plain) -- try this with a teaspoon of local honey and you have an incredible dessert...(ok...so I fudged it a little...more like 2 teaspoons)


(E) Sunspire Peppermint Patty : An ooey gooey dark chocolate patty which is all natural with the peppermint in the middle...my love affair with chocolate covered peppermint started almost 25 years back with my first bite of an "After Eight"...this feels like a "grown up" version of that addiction.


(F) Think-Thin Bars : I was skeptical till I took my first bite of a dark chocolate bar...hard to believe that it has very little sugar and about 20gms of protien...especially great for after a work-out. I especially love the Think-Thin Crunch bars ( Blueberry)...these are K1's vice of choice.


(G) Trader Joe's Wasabi Roasted Seaweed Snack : The fishy smell followed by the crisp crunch of the seaweed...and then the intense whack in the head from the Wasabi is intoxicating...I have at least 4 bags of these at home and eat them during a snack break at work...it's 60 calories takes some time to eat because of the wasabi kick and fills me up.



(H) Madhava Honey Stix....for a healthy yummy wholesome dessert on the go....

These are a few of the favorites around our place....what are some of your favorite summer food finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment