Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yet another Birthday...



What matters most in life is often what we neglect till it's too late and we focus on things, events and people that are irrelevant and unimportant...isn't that why we end up writing blog posts like "The 7 regrets on my death bed". Passion takes a backseat to "making do", wellness to working and balance to busyness...so true is the saying "Life is not a dress rehearsal" and yet we put off things that are truly important and focus on minutia...Bapa was a workaholic and work gave him a lot of satisfaction...he put off the European Vacation, the trip down to Napa valley for "after retirement" and what we realized was that there is no time for later...
My birthday resolution : stop focusing on a number (whether it is a year or a lb more...) and think instead of life as it exists this present moment...and decide what would make the next few days, weeks,months, years...and lifetime spectacular and focus instead on making those moments happen....maybe it is having one mojito too many, maybe it is a belly laugh with a story of scorpions and trousers (I bet I got you curious!) or something as basic as following your instinct and passion to do what you really want to do...travel a little (Egypt, Turkey and Thailand), splurge on The French Laundry...get over my fear of water and swim...hug K1 and my baby (K2)...he doesn't fit in my arms anymore...when did he become so tall...

What I have realized is that  with every birthday it is a chance to reflect and a chance to start new...and I will grab every chance I get...

No comments:

Post a Comment