Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kicking it up a notch...


Things were hectic over the weekend…but slowly and surely things are almost back to normal. After about three days of soul nourishing Khichidi, my palate was craving something super charged spicy. Given the lack of time, coupled with necessity driving creativity and an almost endless cavern called the “freezer” – I conjured up this master piece. Don’t be fooled by the humble orange color, this sandwich packs a whopping punch. K1 made the comment that – You can sell this Sandwich and make profits on it - and he is not one to make such profound comments about something as mundane as food.
My mother makes a killer Grilled Cheese Sandwich – the secret ingredient was Amul Cheese. I will share that recipe with you soon I promise and that recipe is the basis for this sandwich…but you gotta make this sandwich if you have a hankering for SPICY
The Spiced Up Griller
  • ½ Red Onion – Finely Chopped
  • 1 Habenaro Chile – Finely Chopped
  • Deep Madras Tomato Chutney
  • Habenaro Jack Cheese ( I usually pick up whatever is available at Whole Foods)
  • 4 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread ( I used the TJ’s 100% Whole Wheat sweetened with Honey)
Take a bowl. Mix all the ingredients (except the bread). Sprinkle Salt and Cracked Pepper to taste. Put one sandwich slice on the sandwich grill and pile it up with the filling. Put the next slice of Sandwich on top. Grill for 5 minutes or until the Sandwich has this wonderful smell and a crisp brown look...Killer Sandwich Griller…!!! I am dedicating this sandwich to my colleague “V” who is the first Finn I met who can “spice out” an Indian. I am truly deeply impressed...
To welcome K2 back to the world of solids today, I made him a special porridge of Red Quinoa cooked in Vanilla Almond Milk and brown sugar, laced with blanched almonds and raisins’. On his favorite plate (bright and sunny just like his disposition…) I layered a banana…doled out the porridge on top and frizzed it with Organic Non-Fat Whipped Cream. He ate half of it, though he didn’t seem totally into it for the amount of time it took me to whip it up…
So how are you spicing up your week….?

No comments:

Post a Comment