Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello 2014

Salut
   اسلا عليكم
Ciao
你好 
Sawubona
今日は 
Hallo
ନମସ୍ତେ

Never have I waited with so much of anticipation for one year to end and another one to begin...2013 SUCKED BIG TIME ! there is just no reasoning or rationale for losing a loved one and trying to make peace with it....I haven't yet, maybe in time I will but for right now I am still in the denial phase.

Ironically before 2013, I have never set resolutions for myself and have been able to have spectacular success with life milestones :
  1. Not being a pack rat - maintaining a reasonably minimalist life style
  2. Zero Debt - hard to conceive, even harder to implement - done & done
  3. Maintain a healthy lifestyle
  4. Make Family a priority
The 2013 resolution I set for myself last January - Live Life in the Present, Live Life Unafraid -- I failed at rather spectacularly - I have spent the past 9 months exactly not doing that - grieving over things in the past ( my father's death), afraid of disease (cancer and such things) and lamenting the if-only's (if only I had booked my tickets a week early in March...)...so I want to try that resolution one more time this year...especially inspired as I hear this beautiful beautiful song - Clouds by Zach Sobiech -
Well I fell down, down, down
Into this dark and lonely hole
There was no one there to care about me anymore
And I needed a way to climb and grab a hold of the edge
You were sitting there holding a rope
And we'll go up, up, up
But I'll fly a little higher
We'll go up in the clouds because the view is a little nicer
Up here my dear 
It won't be long now, it won't be long now
January 1st, 2014 is the first blank page of a 365-page book. I will make sure that the story I write is not a  borrowed idea, expected outcomes or history lessons. It will be  about new learnings, living, pushing myself, changing myself and shaping my own destiny unafraid of the path I am charting for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Grieving is a process I believe will help one recover and move on. So no worries Meenakshi if you did it. I hear every word of yours as I lost my Dad in 2011 and understand the pain and all the "IF'S" you talked about. But it finally dawned on me that my Dad will hate me doing it as he was an extremely energetic and positive person and valued productivity. So I told myself - ENOUGH - and never looked back. I also feel his spirit within me and it energizes my day a lot better than before. So move on dear friend - the word departed is merely the body - the spirit lives on! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much...your words give me hope...It's been 9 months and I tell myself Enough! Let us see if I can implement it as I have resolved this new year....Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete