Sunday, November 18, 2018

Lost my Voice...found my mind!

Northern California now has the worst air quality in the world, thanks to wildfire smoke...My heart goes out to all the families in our area with losses.
Last Friday the smoke in the air gave me the worst throat ache and I haven't been able to talk for a week. It has gotten worse due to the cold and the persisting smoke in the air. 
Yet losing my voice in the past week has been a wake up call of sorts for me - a time for me to shut up and listen (listen to others and my inner voice...no no not the critical one, the other one!) - Quieten the monkey chatter in my head and put the fears to rest...and listen to that "little" voice which is trying to make sense of all this nonsense. This article by Beth Comstock (CMO, GE) helped me at work quite a bit...I had the luxury of not talking and listening more...it gave me a different perspective which was refreshing. True that she said : My lesson: Soaking up a conversation shouldn’t be a luxury. Stop, listen, ask.

I also focused on the task of getting better and for that I turned to my handy dandy Instant Pot and made a - mixed vegetable sweet corn soup.




What's in it?

  • I used pre-chopped vegetables -  1 big bag of frozen vegetables from Whole Foods (use the one you fancy...I got the one with peas, carrots, corn, beans...)
  • 1 can of creamed corn
  • 2 32 Oz of Chicken Bone Broth
  • Grated Ginger (small knob)
  • Water - 2 Quarts 
  • Bragg's Liquid Amino
  • Worcestershire Sauce (to taste ~ 1 tbsp)
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • Chopped Spring Onion Stalk for Garnish
How I made it?
  • Put all the ingredients above in the Instant Pot (except the salt and pepper)
  • Manual on 5  minutes (no release)
  • Stir...add Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Garnish with Chopped Spring Onion Stalk ( I had it at home almost close to wilting, so was happy to use it)
  • Sit Back - Turn on the TV or pick your favorite book and ENJOY!
Servings
This is about 8 servings. 
This soup  has < 150 calories and > 6 grams of Fiber and about 10 grams of protein.  True is the saying  "Soup is Cozy"

No comments:

Post a Comment