Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And the heat is on...


The weekend ended on a "hot" note what with an incessant heat advisory in our neck of the wood...we hid inside the house. I did make my customary trek down to the Farmer's Market after 5 weeks...unusual for me -- I scored some incredibly fresh chinese spinach, daikon radish,broccolli,okra, yams,squash, mandarins and strawberries. I am all set for my week's quota of vegetables ( I almost sound like a vegetable salad!).I cooked up a storm with an array of vegetarian lentils and vegetables and I also baked a cake (yum!)...

Monday was work as usual...Tuesday was fun in part and frustrating in others...frustrating because I am a creature of habits and I had to give up my office of 13 months and move to a new spot...I do stay light, so the move itself was painless nevertheless frustrating. Tuesday was fun because of a fun video the team shot...every now and then I realize what an incredibly fun team I work with and fun project I am on and things start looking up.

I got home about 7ish and my poor little tyke had a 102 fever ( I don't know what its with these kids and constant sickness), so I gave him some juice and some paracetemol and he is in bed watching Mickey Mouse...

I am hoping the hot weather lightens up to something more bearable but honestly the weather here is so amazing...where else do you get incredible views of the water, the romantic fogs, the woodsy hills...it is just amazing. The picture above is thanks to A, a colleague who shot this Turkey Vulture in her amazing backyard...WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment