Friday, May 13, 2011

Just another day in paradise...

The kids screaming, phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman bringing
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it.
I promise I'll fix it
Long about a million other things

Well, it's ok. It's so nice
It's just another day in paradise
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise.
                                                                                                ---Phil Vassar

Caught up in the mundaness of life...the incessant traffic on 101, the early morning calls, the constant rush to get lunches and dinners ready...kid ready and the dog walked...I forget to take a minute to stop and enjoy the beauty around....The crane waiting...waiting for right moment
The pink blush of the Cherry Blossoms now an event of the past...they blossomed and now the trees are a bright red...mostly unnoticed.
The beautiful wildflower I almost missed as I stare unseeing from my bedroom window, as I sip a cup of herbal tea.

Just a day in paradise...
We are taking K2 whale watching tomorrow...what are your weekend plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment