Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Human Pin Cushion

Don't worry this won't be one of those blogs that talks about someone getting stuck with needles, blood tests etc...though given the fact that my mind is fuzzy, the fever in my body at 101 and every time I swallow the pain in my throat unbearable...a needle with some meds giving me quick relief ain't such a bad thing.

This week has been torturous...the weather gloomy, K1 missing in action and K2 more than his usual boisterous self and me with this godawful viral flu. A shout out to A, my dear friend who helped me survive this minor tempest...I suffered silently on Tuesday, hoping that Wednesday would be better. Zero expectations for help...especially when you live in this atomistic society "zero expectation" is the right attitude. Wednesday turned out to be worse...I somehow dragged myself out of bed, got K2 and his snack box ready and dropped him in school. A simple SMS from A asking how are you had me uncharacteristically sending a long SMS back with all that was wrong (sorry babe!)...she came from work and left me a hot lunch at my door, picked K2 from school and kept him with her awesome twosome (A & R), they ate together in the evening and then R dropped him back with hot dinner for me...to say I am overwhelmed is an understatement...makes me a little less cynical about people and relationships.


“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.” 

I was doodling today...and you and I know I doodle bad...I found myself doodling a sad person with pins stuck into her...that was the inspiration for the blog post...this doodle.


Money is not one of my worries (God has been kind and we have been frugal)...yet with Food I feel like I constantly struggle with the need to go vegetarian (even vegan)...and the inability (read : lack of will power) to do it (yet).
Let me also share a pet-peeve with you...this was my son's Tuesday lunch box, done with a 101 fever and all of it came back home except for the cheese...I took away his ipad hours for the rest of the week...

How are you holding up this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment