Saturday, September 8, 2018

Change is inevitable...

"Change is inevitable, Growth is Optional"

I love my life, am grateful for my friends and support system, love the beautiful office I work in (zero commute! yes baby!)  and just adore the lakes by my house and the beautiful walks I take around it with my two boys and puppy. My Saturday's for the past year have been pretty set - Get up, put the steel-cut oats in the Instant Pot and then rush to my BollyX class, come back home and cook lunch (or go out to eat). This Saturday, it felt like I was ready for some change from my routine of getting up just in time, throwing the oats in the instant pot, walking the puppy and coming in late for my BollyX class...so here's what I did ... (I was still late for my class 😐)

I had been stewing for a couple days over the beautiful organic berries in my fridge that weren't getting eaten (blackberries and strawberries in case you were wondering). So I got up early in the morning and in the time that it took me to chat with my Ma in India, I made a Berry Jam in my Instant Pot - it's scrumptious and very little work. I also made some protein packed muffins for the boys to have with the berry jam & then went to my BollyX class - change in my routine felt good...now let me start thinking about what other aspect of my life could use a face-lift....Hmmm!



Berrylicious Jam (3 ingredients)

What you need 
  1. 1 lb Strawberries, 1 lb Blackberries (mix with the sugar/stevia blend and keep on the side for 20 minutes to let it macerate
  2. 1 Lemon
  3. 2-3 Tablespoons Truvia Brown Sugar/Stevia Blend Mix ( ~ 15 calories per tablespoons) 
To Cook 
  1. Turn on your Instant Pot to Saute. Add the mix of the berries+sugar/stevia. Saute for 5-6 minutes. Squeeze in the Lemon Juice.
  2. Now turn the Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes, NR
  3. After about 10 minutes, store or eat.
How is your weekend playing out?

No comments:

Post a Comment