Friday, September 7, 2018

Vote for Suvarna Bhopale...for BRSSD School Board!

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think." – Margaret Mead
My son started middle school last year at Sandpiper and I approached the school year with a lot of trepidation tinged with hope. He had spent 6 uncomplicated years at Redwood Shores Elementary and "change was always scary". My fears were laid to rest in the ensuing year : he learnt, he got stretched and he  absolutely loves being at Sandpiper - it wasn't all a smooth ride but his growth and learning has been phenomenal.

 In this entire journey, I observed the role that Suvarna played at the school - whether it was actively listening to the children on what was working and what wasn't working (my son comes back home and tells me everything still, so I got to hear of how the 6th graders met with the District Supritendent and the school board and talked about what was working and what wasn't), I saw firsthand her involvement in enrichment programs like Mock Trial (so brilliant and I see my son's growth curve there in just a year of that program...and she runs it 100% on her own with some help from volunteers), theater, Model UN and I sincerely believe she is a champion for our BRSSD public school system and has taken an active role in it's sustained growth and improvement.
I am voting for her because she has proved in her 5 year tenure on the school board that she is committed to bringing about positive change in the school system for our children and I urge you to do the same.Check out her website -
Please follow & like her Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/suvarnaforschoolboard
Education is the greatest way in which you and I can contribute to our childrens betterment, so please vote for someone who will champion sustained improvement and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment