Sunday, February 15, 2009

Going Meatless...


As I had my 5th craving in the past 3 months for KFC...yes that stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken and I gave into the craving by ordering potato wedges and Honey BBQ wings...as I was polishing down my last wing, I felt a pang of remorse and this strong sense that I didn't really want to eat meat again. I don't cook meat much at home...its mostly lentils, whole grains, vegetables, dairy and fruits at home...yet K1 and I enjoy our occasional tryst with chicken and fish...but lately everytime I eat meat I feel guilty...like I am breaking some secret code. When I suggested to K1 that maybe we could experiment going without meat for a week, he dismissed my idea saying -- he didn't feel guilty and it would be difficult to go vegetarian in this country...Hmmm! Anyway, maybe I need to put my money where my mouth is and start practising first before preaching...

I did experiment some this week with making Granola. I made Granola with Barley Flakes, Honey, Brown Sugar, Almonds, Pumpkin and SunFlower Seeds, Dried Cranberries and raisins....it turned out pretty decent ( I burnt some of it but that is a different story...let's focus on the successes...)...K2 loved the granola and finished a small baby cup of it...YAY!

On the work front last week was super fun, exhausting and interesting as we finally launched our B2C service and it has had a lot of success. Pretty much like the granola making exercise - it was a travel into unknown lands, with a few glitches along the way but the end results were heartening...next week will be pretty eventful in terms of watching the reactions of the "pack" to this new service...

No comments:

Post a Comment