Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Intangible threads...


Love -- you know you feel it,

A feeling which brings with it pain-pleasure-emotions.

It expands your heart...grows your mind...

Makes you sing and more importantly makes you human...


Love was what I first felt when I saw you I am sure...I guess you were probably the second or third person I ran into when I was born (Ma, Dad and you)...Ma tells me that I really was mean to you...troubled you, fought with you, stole your toys and tattled about you to Pa and apparently you patiently patted my head and said - my baby sister...I don't know when the picture changed but I remember growing up with you, having the same friends and then you grew away...developing a hip crowd that the "bookwormish" sister was never a part of...yet we remained close. I don't know where time flew away but soon we were saying -- Bye to you and you moved to the great promising lands across the sea...when I moved to the US you were there for me --- guiding me along the way, always there an invisible support that made me reach out for larger things -- K1 and you were close, always discussing the market and the industry and supporting me through life's journey...

You have been away the past 5 years, creating a new world for yourself, new friends and a wonderful family -- yet there is this intangible thread holding us together. I have never been big on the showy stuff -- the hugs, the words of affection, cards and what nots -- you have hardly ever got a Rakhi from me --- yet today is special -- Happy Raksha Bandhan! I know in India the sisters tie a rakhi asking the brother to promise eternal protection --- If there is a role reversal here's one -- I am wishing the "world for you on Raksha Bandhan" and promising to be there for you if you ever need me --- these intangible threads bind you so tight and hold you in a forever bond....

No comments:

Post a Comment