Thursday, June 30, 2011

To Amy with love...

I had an Aha! moment today. I dragged myself out of bed at 5.45 AM to prepare for a call...back to back calls later, I rushed to get my son ready for school - just as I was packing his lunch I realized they had a BBQ at school, so quickly got him to school and went along with my work day...by 5.30 PM I was drained and exhausted and ready to crawl under the blanket  but of course my day was just beginning - I picked up K2, walked the dog, hauled the trash out and came into the house to contemplate dinner. As much as I love cooking ...today was just not the day that I wanted to cook dinner. So for K2 I made a plate of small eats featuring Amy's Kitchen  : Amy's Tomato Bisque (I melted shredded mozzerela cheese on top), Amy's Toaster Cheese Pizza and Blue Horizon's Salmon Sticks (and he talked me into giving him a Yoplait yogurt). I microwaved in less than 2 minutes an Amy's Organic Black Bean Vegetable Burrito (that I topped with a smoking spicy salsa from Mrs.Renfro called Ghost Pepper Salsa). Now I am relaxed in front of the TV watching "Iron Chef" with a hot cuppa "African Nectar"...Life is good !!!


Coming to the Aha! moment - It's ok to not keep pushing myself to perform like a race horse - at work, trying to place a balanced meal on my family's table, trying to stay on top of a growing to do list etc...it is ok to take a short cut and create an equally balanced and healthful meal for my family. On days like this when going near the kitchen has a negative "value proposition"...I lean heavily on wonderful Amy, so for that support I will be grateful. So this blog post I dedicate To Amy with love...

No comments:

Post a Comment