Thursday, June 9, 2011

A week of Simple Beginnings...

There is something therapeutic about watching "Chopped"...the intense passion, the rapt attention and the push to get the dishes on the table. I was watching one of the episodes - the one with the Uni (sea urchin) as one of the mystery items -- and it was the first time I was rooting for two contestants - a young woman who was a personal chef and a mother of  twin girls and a  man who was trying to fight out of the shadows of his father who is a great chef in China. Two radically different personalities but both in some ways equally appealing to me.

This week has been quasi busy for me - pouring over documents, scouring for discrepancies, re-reading -- while there is this sense of constant waiting. I get on a plane in the evening today and leave for the "Emerald City" for a short halt (pray for me - that I make it back in time for my son's momentous graduation from pre-k to kindergarten : he has been so zealously preparing his songs for the event -- my heart fills up with pride). I have been  for the past 4 days having the "pranic breakfast" that I revealed to you in my last blog - so out of sheer boredom  changed the routine today. There was a big box of berries - strawberries and blueberries -- that were looking at me accusingly every time I opened the crisper drawer of the fridge. So out came my magic bullet - one big handful of strawberries, one smaller handful of blueberries, 1 small banana, 9 teaspoons of rolled oats, 1 tsp of Agave Nectar and Almond Milk (give it a whir in the magic bullet) and voila! my new and improved - Breakfast on the Run. It took me all of 5 minutes to make and I did not feel hungry for 4 hours afterwards...Go Figure!

K2 just got back his acceptance letter from his school (public) and I think there is an excitement and anticipation  for the new experiences to come... I have already got my son a Diego Lunch Box and Back Pack...(yep! I am his favorite flavor for this week ;-) ).I took K2 to the public library (we do that once or twice a week) for Chuck's last Story time @ 7.00 PM. I was feeling a little sad about Chuck the Children's Librarian retiring after 36 years, he really is the most amazing story teller with his stories, songs, puppets and guitar. K2 and I will miss him...especially his "Y" song.

We also just blocked our vacation for the summer - a 7 day cruise to Alaska. Plans are to take K2 Apple picking this weekend or next depending on inclination and energy.
How is your summer shaping up?

No comments:

Post a Comment